Even the best carpet will eventually need to be replaced. You’ll want to start thinking about carpet replacement once you notice stains, matting, or even a bad smell that won’t go away.
Not only is carpet soft on feet, but it also comes in a wide range of colors to complement your home’s interior design. Keep reading to learn the reasons you should replace old carpet:
- You Dislike the Color or Pattern: If you aren’t in love with the color of carpet installed by the previous homeowners, now’s your chance to install new carpet. Over time, certain colors go out of style and can make your home look dated. The great thing about carpet is that it comes in a wide variety of colors and styles, so there is surely something to suit your fancy.
- Your Carpet is Getting Old: In general, you can expect your home carpet to last between 5 and 15 years. How long your carpet lasts will depend on its quality, padding, and whether it was installed in a high traffic area. For example, bedroom carpet tends to last long because it has less foot traffic than hallways and entryways.
- You’re Using Furniture to Hide Stains: Are you guilty of moving furniture to cover stains? If your floor has more than a couple noticeable stains, it’s time to consider carpet replacement. When you have carpet flooring, it’s important to treat stains as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more time liquids have to seep into carpet fibers and stain the padding underneath.
- There are Dents in Paths of High Foot Traffic: Over time, heavy furniture can create dents in the carpet. For example, the legs on your couch may have already made impressions on your living room carpet. While some impressions can be worked out with a professional cleaning, others create permanent dents in your floor. If you were to move all the furniture out, you would notice how your carpet is matted in the paths you and your family walk every day.
- You Smell Mold or Pet Stains: Does your carpet smell bad? Bad odor could be a sign of mold or pet stains that have seeped beneath carpet. If deep cleaning carpet doesn’t get rid of the smell, contact us to ask about replacement.
- There’s Mold and Mildew: Mold loves to grow in moist dark places, such as basements. If your basement has recently flooded, whether you’ll be able to keep carpet will depend on the extent of water damage. The type of water that flooded your home will also determine whether carpet is salvageable. Fresh water from a sink is completely different from a sewage backup. A basement flooded with contaminated water will need new carpet installation right away.
Looking to add New Carpet to your Home? Contact us today!
Premier Floors has been helping homeowners just like you find the best flooring. If you would like more information about the benefits of carpeting or the options we offer at Premier Floors, please reach out to our team. We can’t wait to help you enhance your home! If you are looking for flooring in Northern Virginia, please contact us to schedule a free consultation.