When it comes to creating the perfect home office, choosing the right type of flooring is crucial. Your home office should not only be a functional space, but it should also inspire productivity and creativity.
When deciding on the best flooring for a home office, there are several factors to take into account including the sound impact of the flooring, the type of furniture you have (rolling desk chair?), and whether your flooring needs to be pet-friendly, among other things.
Based on all these factors, we’ve compiled the best types of flooring for a perfect home office:
Luxury Vinyl Plank
Luxury vinyl plank (LVP) is an excellent choice for flooring in a home office because of its durability, affordability, and versatility. It’s easy to clean and maintain, and it’s available in a wide range of styles, including wood-look and stone-look options.
Many people refer to luxury vinyl plank as “fake wood flooring”, and they are right, but it’s still the best flooring to use in your home office.
Here are some reasons why you should consider installing luxury vinyl plank in your home office:
- Durability: LVP is incredibly durable and resistant to wear and tear. It can withstand heavy foot traffic and is scratch-resistant, making it a great option for a workspace where chairs and other furniture are moved around frequently. If you have a chair with wheels, Luxury Vinyl Plank is your answer.
- Affordability: Luxury Vinyl Plank is a great alternative for those on a budget who want the look of more expensive flooring without the high cost. It can also be installed over your previous flooring so the installation is much quicker and cleaner than every other flooring type
- Versatility: LVP is available in a wide range of styles and colors, including options that mimic the look of hardwood or stone. This means you can find a style that matches your home office decor and personal taste. Luxury Vinyl Plank styles range from wood looks to stone looks, and everything in between.
- Easy to clean: LVP is easy to clean and maintain, requiring only regular sweeping and occasional mopping. It is also water-resistant, making it a great option for spills and accidents that can occur in a home office. In addition, if you have a furry friend, Luxury Vinyl Plank is the right flooring for your office.
- Comfortable: Vinyl plank is softer underfoot than other hard flooring options, such as tile or hardwood. This means it can provide additional comfort for those who spend a lot of time standing or walking around in their home office.
Hardwood flooring gives every home office that professional, elegant look. Hardwood flooring has a classic and professional look that can add value to your home office. It can create a warm and inviting atmosphere that is conducive to productivity and creativity.
There are many different types of hardwood flooring from engineered wood to solid wood, but both of them can be great options for a home office.
Here are some reasons why you should consider installing hardwood in your home office:
- Resale value: Installing hardwood flooring can increase the resale value of your home, as it is a desirable feature that many home buyers look for. Basically, investing in hardwood in your office, is investing in your home’s future sale price.
- Durability: Hardwood flooring is durable and long-lasting, making it a great investment for your home office. It is generally resistant to scratches, dents, and stains, so it can stand up to the wear and tear of daily use.
- Professional look: Hardwood flooring has a wide range of styles and colors and is the most elegant flooring you can put in your home office.
- Health benefits: Hardwood flooring is a good choice for people with allergies or asthma, as it does not trap dust, pet dander, or other allergens like carpet can. This can improve air quality and promote better health in your home office.
Carpet provides a soft and comfortable surface for walking and standing, which is one of the main benefits for putting carpet in your home office. It’s the third most popular flooring to install in your office, but for those looking for a cozier feel, carpet is the way to go.
Here are some reasons why you should consider installing carpet in your home office:
- Comfort: Carpet is by far the most comfortable flooring to have in your home office and it can also help reduce fatigue and provide insulation against cold floors.
- Sound absorption: Carpet can absorb sound, making it a good choice if you need a quieter workspace. This can be especially beneficial if you are constantly on calls.
- Style: Carpet comes in a wide range of colors, patterns, and textures, allowing you to choose a style that complements your office’s decor and personal taste.
- Cost: Carpet is often less expensive than other types of flooring, such as hardwood or Luxury Vinyl Plank. This can make it a more affordable option for homeowners on a budget.
- Safety: Carpet can provide a safer surface for children, pets, and elderly individuals who may be more prone to slips and falls.
Are You Looking for Flooring for Your Home Office in Northern Virginia?
There is a wide variety of luxury vinyl plank, hardwood and carpet styles that would work well for a home office, depending on your needs. If you would like more information about the benefits of LVP or LVT flooring or the options we offer at Premier Flooring, please reach out to our team. We can’t wait to help you enhance your home! If you are looking for flooring in Northern Virginia, please contact us to schedule a free consultation.